Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Qui Ne Saute Pas?

I love football. I love it so much in fact I try not to call it "soccer."

So it was with great joy that I discovered we would be in Lyon on a weekend where Olympique Lyonnais would be playing at Stade de Gerlande. Tickets were purchased and on Saturday, September 27 we joined the Bad Gones at the match against AS Nancy.

 

90 minutes of singing! An amazing experiences that I won't soon forget.

 An experience I would like to forget happened after the game. Stade de Gerlande is not like most North American sports venues. There is no French version of the "ball-park frank." There are pre-made sandwiches, and that's about it. On the way home however we ran across many food stands featuring kebabs and "American Hot Dogs." A kebab, for the uninitiated is pita bread stuffed with roasted (or in this case grilled) meat, and topped with tzatziki, tomatoes and onions. To guild the lilly, you can also add frites. Honestly, give these guys a pass. There's a Ninkasi Brew Pub that serves up some really good micro-brews and burgers just opposite the Metro station. Trust me on this. Skip the kebabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...