Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring has Sprung

It finally arrived. Spring that is. After weeks of unseasonably cold weather the sun finally made an appearance and in usual Vancouver style, the whole city went outside, including yours truly.

Stop #1 ... opening weekend for baseball season for my youngest son. Anybody who has kids in sports knows what this means; weekends of concession stand food. Twizzlers, doughnuts, Drumsticks and hot dogs. After one weekend I'm thinking I'll be picnicking from now on. Which leads me to my eldest son and my second stop for the day:

My eldest is a student in the culinary programme at SRT high school in Maple Ridge and he's just landed a job in the bakery department at Safeway. After dropping of one son at his mother's house, I drop in on eldest son and a loaf of freshly baked bread (why does this blog seem to be taking on a baking theme?).

The loaf was warm and delicious and 1/3 of it didn't make it home. It also will fit nicely into my plan for this spring: I'll pick up fresh bread from one son and use it for sandwiches to eat while watching the other son's baseball games.

I love it when a plan comes together.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...