Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

New Idea Monday: When Is a Sink not a Sink?

Photo: Tredir 
What I love about this design is how even though it is completely different from any other sink you can imagine, you know immediately what it is and how to use it. I'm sure my plumber would have a fit if I ever spec'd this for a bathroom remodel!

Inspired by the unspoilt waterfalls of the Swedish National Park Abisko,the sink is unfettered by pipes. Nor does it allow water to accumulate in a big tub, something designers Johan Kauppi and Lars Sundström deem unnecessary. Rather,one should be aware of just how much water one is using, and catch it with careful consideration.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I agree with you - I don't need my plumber passing out! Most of the bathrooms I see wouldn't be big enough for something like this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...