Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Relaxin' in the Kitchen

I am not a big fan of the "great room" concept of home design. Call me old fashioned, but I really prefer a delineation between my living space and where I cook. However, I am but one voice, and the open concept is just as popular today as it was 10 years ago.

The Modium line from KicheConcept takes the idea of blurring the lines between living space and kitchen to a new level. The very clean lines of the cabinets would look as stunning in the kitchen as it would in a martini lounge. But what makes this line really interesting is the sofa-style cabinets (the dark brown section off the island) that would allow your friends to relax in luxury while dinner was being made.

I'm not sure I like having pillows near the cooktop though.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting. I'm not sure I would either. Who has time to lounge when they're cooking? And I'd be envious of my guests who did! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see someone having a little nap on that lounge, and I'd start flicking food at them. Way too tempting.

    Still, in a loft situation I could see this working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dog would use the lounge to get on top of the counter and eat, eat, eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yucc! Just not right to sleep in kitchen unless you are passed out in your pasta from too much wine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An experience you'd like to share perhaps?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...