Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The "Death Star"

The holidays have been strangely busy this year. Typically late December to mid-January is a slow time in our business, but this year there was no let up. It may have something to do with the Olympics, but more likely it's folk trying to take advantage of the government's insentive programme. Whatever the case, I've been busy.
I wanted to discuss a very unique hood fan I've installed in a current project.  The clients were looking for a very cook friendly kitchen. They had selected a very nice Bertazonni range, and needed a hood fan that was suitable for the BTU's the range would dish out.
There is another not-so-small issue; the husband is quite tall. In the 6'6" range. So most hood fans would end up right in his field of vision and since he cooks a fair amount of the time, this was not acceptable.  Enter the Tilt by Zephyr. The clients & I refer to it as the Death Star, but despite the fun the Tilt is a serious hood fan (discussed in this blag last year).
With the internal motor it will extract up to an impressive 1000 cfm, but more importantly for the husband it sits back nicely from the edge of the range.  My clients gave it a good work-out over the holiday season, it told me it works just very well.
And while this post is about the hoof-fan, I'd be negligent if I didn't point out the tile-work on the wall.  Impressive work but a couple of young, eccentric tile-setters I use when things need to get really creative.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome, Arne. I note the tile on the floor as well. I see why you needed to place that hood at that height - it's perfect for 6'6"

    And I know what you mean about busy - it's wonderful, but surprising for this time of the year, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,

    Thanks for the note. The tile by the way is actually Karndean vinyl tile ... but more on that later.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...