Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Beer Tasting - Tullibardine 1488 Whiskey Ale

I Could Eat has been on a bit of a break. The Olympic Games (which I DID eat at and will be sharing later) and work has prevented me from posting. Today however, I am awaiting Easter dinner, and since I'm at the father-in-law's, there precious little to do except appear busy ...

We're actually staying in downtown Victoria, not far from a pretty good private liquor store at the Strathcona hotel. There's a nice selection of wine, beers, and a huge collection of whiskey's. I'm not an expert in any of these areas, but I've yet to come away without something I've never seen before.

Last night's find was a Whiskey Ale from Tullibardine, who is better known as a distiller of single malt. At $6.50 a 25cl bottle it was inexpensive enough to take a leap of faith on, but pricey enough to fall into the "it HAS to be good at that price" category.

Here are my (sketchy) notes: Clear, amber coloured. Not unlike the whiskey it's been made with. Sweet on the first sip. Sweetness fades to ... meh ... followed my a bit of smoke. Much like really watered down whiskey.

I'm may try this one again when I have some whiskey to go with it. But at the premium price it just doesn't deliver as a beer to keep in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...