Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Honesty and The Big Apple


I'll be honest.  At first I thought someone was playing a joke on me  Then I thought it had something to do with the upcoming KBIS show in Las Vegas (more on that later).  But a couple emails later I was thrilled to realize that I had been invited by Brizo Faucets to join them in New York City for a little design tête-à-tête.

Floriano Kitchen Faucet by Brizo
Along with19 other designers, architects and blog authors (the common thread amongst us) from the USA and Canada, I'll be in New York City during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.  Brizo is covering all costs during my 4 day visit where we'll be learning about their line of faucets, their philosophy on design and green innovations (really looking forward to finding out what "biomimcry" is).

If Jason wears jeans, can I?
You may be wondering where the connection is between Brizo and fashion.  Brizo, very fashion-forward with their designs, is a big sponsor of fashion designer Jason Wu's work.  A quick look at each of their websites and you can really see some connections.  Part of our stay in New York will include Jason Wu's fashion show during Fashion Week, and a cocktail party afterwards.

More honesty:  I'm a little worried about being around so many well-dressed people.  Do you think the suit I wore for high-school graduation will be back in style yet?

I'll be posting about the event and sharing with you the insights I gain during this very generous opportunity.

Thanks Brizo, and thanks to Paul Anater and Corey Klassen for recommending me for this trip!
---------------------

The full trip report can be found HERE.

2 comments:

  1. we love the honesty - I thought it was a joke too (oh yeah and then there's that fashion thing) Great write up Arne, don't think I could have written it better myself. See you tomorrow night -- travel safe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...