Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Painting the Town


"... there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it. And then it flows through me like rain."
- Lester Burnham in "American Beauty"
Red Bull energy drink has just introduced the Street Art View project.  The objective?  Much in the same way Google's Art Project is bringing the world of fine art to your laptop, Street Art View aims to bring you the world of street art.  The difference here is Street Art View is relying on the users to point them in the right direction.  The site is linked with Twitter and Facebook allowing users to add geo-tagged photos and information about the artist.

The picture above is a screen capture from the site showing a mural that's about 10 minutes from my home.  While I don't find every piece of street art to be awe inspiring (some of it is just vandalism), much of it ads to the texture and colour of the city.  Where do you find beauty in your city?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...