Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

KBIS Preview - EarthStone Ovens

This week I’m preparing for the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS) in Las Vegas.  From April 26 – 29 I’ll be attending seminars, partying, learning about new products, partying, and networking with some of the best in the industry, all to bring you the latest and greatest from the world of kitchens and bathrooms.  A cocktail may also be involved.

Photo: EarthStone
I hope to be blogging from KBIS itself, but in the meantime I’m going to introduce you to some of the products I’m really looking forward to seeing.  Today it’s all about the oven, and in this case fire ovens.

My dream kitchen will have a wood-fired oven in it.  Wood fired ovens produce a concentrated heat that allows combination of baking, roasting and smoking all in the same oven.  Start with a Neapolitan style pizza, move on to some roasted fish or chicken, and then use the residual heat to bake some bread.  Very efficient, and flavour added by the wood smoke is amazing.

Photo: EarthStone
EarthStone ovens has been making wood & gas fired ovens for over 20 years now.  Based out of Glendale, California, their ovens can be found in restaurants throughout North America.  But what about the home chef who wants the benefits that only a wood-fired oven can offer?  Earthstone currently offers 3 modular models for residential use ranging in price from $2,700 to $4,500 (plus shipping).  There are also a number of pre-assembled ovens, but they’re not nearly as “hot”

EarthStone Wood Fire Ovens can be found in booth C6519 at KBIS… hopefully with some bread baking.

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning Arne, Thanks to you, I am now craving a really good pizza and I am not talking Pizza Hut or Dominos. Plus that loaf of bread in the pic looks luscious! I so want to be at KBIS, I wonder how much they are paying for kidneys these days?

    Brenda Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a second there I thought you wanted to cook kidneys in the Forno!

    Fear not, for you and anyone who's not attending KBIS, I will be posting from the show so it will be almost like being there ... without the partying of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, they won't pay for them if you cook your kidneys...no good for transplant then...

    Why do you think I want to go, if not for the partying and meeting all of you? Surely you weren't thinking it is just for the show? Ha!

    Brenda Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.


    Combi Ovens

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...