Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

TRON designs CORIAN®

One of the best times I've spent in a movie theatre in a long time was a couple months back with my two sons.  We'd gone to see TRON:Legacy in 3D.  What was especially entertaining for me (besides hanging out with my kids) was seeing how film maker Joseph Kosinski reimagined the world from the 1982 original.  Not only did he have the benefit of hindsight, he also had some amazing new technologies to work with.  The result was breathtaking.

TRON designs CORIAN®
At Milan Design Week (April 11-17, 2011) DuPont™ Corian® and Disney presented the “TRON designs CORIAN®” exhibition.  A select group of architects and designers were challenged to create interior spaces that pushed the boundaries of the solid surface material.  While the inspiration for these designs came from TRON, the innovations were the result of creativity meeting technology.
TRON designs CORIAN®
I'm hoping against hope I'll see some of this at KBIS next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...