Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Brizo Faucets - Inspired Design

Where do you find inspiration? At the recent Kitchen & Bath Industry Show show I found myself asking that question a lot. Surrounded by the latest and greatest in kitchen and bath fixtures and accessories I couldn’t help but wonder where the ideas for many of these products came from.

In my personal life I gather inspiration from the people I surround myself with. These people inspire me by the way they live their lives. Their actions often inspire me to modify the way I behave in a certain situation. As a cook I’m inspired by different meals I’ve eaten and different foods I’m introduced to, And in my capacity as a designer I’m inspired by fashion, nature, art … the list is almost endless.

Inspired by Lighthouses - Baliza Faucet: Brizo
Nothing really brought the vast choice of inspiration home to me more that my recent trip to New York to learn about Brizo’s line of faucets. Meeting and speaking with their design team was the highlight of my time there.  They explained how they took inspiration from anywhere; twisted wrought iron in France, lighthouses in Oregon and fashion from the runways of New York, and incorporated it into their designs.  The result is design that looks almost effortless; and when I say effortless, I of course mean it took them endless hours of work, but the resulting product looks as if that's the only possible way it could have been designed.

While in New York we were introduced to a number of new faucet designs, but Brizo swore us to secrecy until the designs were ready for release. During my tour of Brizo’s booth at KBIS I was thrilled to see two of these designs on display, which means I am able to share them with you now:

The Charlotte


Charlotte Widespread Vanity Faucet - Cocoa Bronze Finish
Photo - Brizo
The Charlotte takes its inspiration directly from the world of fashion. Brizo’s relationship with fashion designer Jason Wu is one of the most vibrant and creative I’ve seen in the kitchen and bath industry. The influence of fashion on this line of faucets is nothing short of breathtaking. The feminine curves of the design are very Art Deco.

Included in the Charlotte collection:
  • Full collection of bath products with coordinating accessories and lighting
  • Widespread lavatory faucet
  • Widespread vessel faucet
  • Wallmount faucet
  • 3 and 4 hole Roman tubs
  • TempAssure® medium flow shower and tub/shower trims
  • 3 and 6 function diverters
  • Sensori® High Flow custom shower trims.

The Vuelo

Vuelo Kitchen Faucet - Cocoa Bronze Finish
w/ Soap Dispenser & Bud Vase
Photo: Brizo
The second faucet I was waiting for is the Vuelo. More organic in its form, the Vuelo draws inspiration from nature. Brizo displayed it with images of swans, but I see more in the way of tropical flowers in it. The detail of the faucet continues in the side spray and the bud vase. Yes, a bud vase. The Vuelo comes with Brizo’s MagneDock® (so the pull out spray won’t fall out), and is available with SmartTouch® for hands-free operation. A matching bar faucet is also available.

Photo:  Tropicalflowers.org.uk
I’m grateful they’ve branched away from the modern aesthetic with the latest additions. I’m even more grateful for the new Cocoa Bronze finish. A deep black-brown, it’s unlike anything I’ve seen before. It’s definitely a welcome break from the ordinary, which I hope you find as inspiring as I do.

The Vuelo and Charlotte lines will be shipping September/October of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...