Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Intimate Shower Head (Or: O'Keeffe Did It On Purpose)

Photo:  ArtHistoryGuide.com
American artist Georgia O’Keeffe was known for her use of vibrant colours, her ability to turn everyday images into abstracts … and the fact that some of her work resembled vaginas.

O’Keefe insisted she was not trying to symbolize the intimate female form in her works, but to this day her paintings are iconic in feminist circles because they do, intentionally or not..

I’m not educated in the world of art, but I know what I like, and I like O’Keeffe’s work. I find it really hard to believe however that she didn’t look at Red Canna while she was painting it and think “My goodness! This looks like a vagina.”


Unintentional? Perhaps. Provocative? Likely.

Photo: Trendir
I’m going to apply the same line of thinking to this new shower “head” from Italian plumbing fixture manufacturer, Zazzeri. Designed by Danielle Bedini to resemble a “crack in the ceiling” it cleverly blurs the line between structure and fixture.

The interior grill is available in 3 finishes (gold, black & stainless) and the LED lights behind the grill allow you to customise your shower experience.  The exterior is made from Corian; a perfect material for the shape of the shower head.  You really get the sense that the water is bursting through the ceiling ...

... and it looks like a vagina.




Photo: Trendir
Like the O’Keeffe painting, I’d be willing to concede that this was an unintentional design “double-entendre” … except that the shower head is called “The Virgin.” Honestly, I couldn’t make this stuff up.

Source: Trendir


4 comments:

  1. If you're gonna go for a "teehee, this looks like a vagina" feel then the mood lighting is just plain freaky.

    Also, it looks like a lady giant is peeing on you.

    Also also, I hate rain shower heads like this that just dump water on you from above. Is this a shower, a lady giant pee bath or am I getting waterboarded??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I didn't even address the lighting other than it existed ... wrong on so many levels. I liked this fixture for about 10 seconds when I first saw it, then I just felt like I needed a shower elsewhere

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave it up to the Madame from ModernSauce to turn a perfectly good shower fixture in to something about lady giant watersports.

    The red light is way freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that I totally agree with the Madame... I now I feel like I need to take a shower in my normal, non sexual shower.

    Brenda Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...