Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ram Board Has You Covered

If you've been following the False Creek Remodel series here on Useful Spaces and are particularly observant, you'll have noticed I never showed you the completed floor.  Truth is, the installer and I are the only people who have seen it without the tape and swept clean.  The reason for this is simple:  the minute they were finished I was on site covering them up.

There is at least 4 weeks of work left on this project.  That's 4 weeks of painters, tile-setters, finishing carpenters, appliance installers ... a lot of people will be walking on this floor.  As careful as these people will be, the fact is that accidents happen.  Covering the floor is an extra level of protection for the customer's investment, and for my piece of mind!

In the past I've used simple corrugated cardboard (too thin) or 1/8" hardboard (too expensive and bulky) with varied results.  Recently I've been using a product called Ram Board.  It comes in 38" x 10' rolls (46 Mil thickness) , is made from recycled materials, is reusable and recyclable, and it even protects from liquid damage for up to 48 hours.


I rolled out the entire suit and sealed the joints with the Ram Board tape in under an hour.  Simple.  Now my trades can finish up the project, and the customer and I don't need to stress (as much) about the floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...