Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WIP - False Creek Remodel - Part 10

I started this WIP feature with a pile of rubbish.  It only seams fitting that I end it the same way.  The False Creek remodel began at the end of May and wrapped up 11 weeks later.  A few minor items remain, and the client has also asked me to replace a couple of closet doors, but he's moving back home this weekend!  In my books, that means the job is complete (almost).

In that time, we've completely reconfigured the suite, relocating the kitchen from a small room to a large open space, the bathroom has been gutted and re-fitted (with new plumbing and electrical services for botht e kitchen and bathroom), there was a flood (and patience was tested),  new tile and engineered floors were installed, track lighting (gasp!) was added, the whole suite was repainted ... and then I spent the better part of a beautiful Friday morning rolling up the Ram Board floor covering, picking up bits and pieces, sweeping the floors, and creating the pile of rubbish you see now.

Now I'm sure you're all wanting to see the finished suite.  It's amazing.  The client and I both agree the biggest impact is the way the rooms have been reconfigured, but the new materials and the (vastly) improved kitchen are what will draw the acclaim.  But you can`t see it yet.  I promise I`ll have a gallery up soon, but until the furniture is moved back in you`ll just have to wait.

As a teaser, I offer a couple photos.  The entry way (notice I've  now removed the carpet covering) gives you a glimpse in to the new foyer and the shoe storage and coat rack area.  Kinda looks like a scene from Heaven Can Wait doesn't it?  It's bright and welcoming and draws you into the rest of the suite.  Much much better than the dark, cramped space we started with.

My favourite material is easily the floor.  The warmth of the Cabreuva is the anchor to the colour scheme.  The client has already selected dining room chairs and bar stools to coordinate with it.  And thanks to the Ram Board floor covering the hardwood survived the remodel unharmed ... you can see the floor covering in the background, all rolled up and ready to be used on another job.

You can also see a small glimpse of the cabinetry and countertops in the photo.  I've already spent a lot of time discussing the kitchen, so I'll spare you the details until the gallery is revealed.  The appliances all managed to get installed and except for the gas hook-up (which the property manager is responsible for) the client will be cooking meals in no time.  I may even ask for a chance to do the same.

Every project I undertake is the result of lots of hard work by many trades and suppliers.  I'd like to take this time to thank the following for everything they contributed to the False Creek Remodel:


... and of course my client!



WIP: False Creek Remodel is an actual remodel project of mine that I'm blogging in real time.  To see all the entries in this series just click the FOLLOW ME buttons at the top right of this page.  If there's any part of the project you're interested in, leave me a note in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...