Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

NIM: Virtual Shopping in Korea

Photo
Sometimes a task is made more complicated by the introduction of technology; taking notes is a great example.  My kids laugh at me when I pull out a pen and paper to take write my grocery list, but they aren't laughing when my note is completed long before they've even turned on their iPhone.  Now, if I could somehow use a grocery list on my iPhone to make my shopping experience better, you might have won me over to battling that silly keyboard.  

Commuters in South Korea are a step closer to exactly that thanks to grocery store chain Tesco.  Faced with the problem of trying to expand without actually adding physical stores, they've created several "virtual stores" in subway stations.  By using smart phones and QR code technology Korean commuters are able to use their commute time to take care of some of their daily shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...