Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011 Year in Review: Guest Posts Galore!

2011 was the year of the guest post on Useful Spaces.  Rather than just re-run old blog posts while I took a little vacation time this fall in Spain and FranceI was able to call upon my friends in the design industry to add their insight to Useful Spaces.  Some of those posts are still the most viewed of all time (not sure how I feel about that, but traffic's traffic right?) and I even managed to learn a thing or two.  If you missed any of them, I encourage to follow this LINK and check them out.

In addition to receiving guest posts, I was also able to write a few myself.  While I really enjoy the opportunity to share my thoughts and ideas with a wider audience, there's a bit of pressure involved with contributing to another blog.

My first guest post this year was on the extremely addictive Building Moxie.  Building Moxie's jb had asked me to write about what the 4th of July meant to me as a Canadian.  Somewhere along the way the subject turned to the subject of smoked lemonade.  Not sure what happened there.  Anyway, the full blog post is HERE.

One of my favourite all time blogs is Sketch This!, written by fellow designer Eric Schimelpfenig.  Eric is my go to guy when it comes to all things Sketchup.  He's taugh me alot over the past year or so, so I was absolutely honoured when he asked my to contribute to Sketch This!.

My post was a summary of how to use the divide and multiply functions built into Sketchup's Copy & Paste function.  The full post is HERE, although in retrospect I think I might do a video next time ... something Eric does often over at Sketch This!.

In September of this year, the gang at FloForm Countertops wrote me to see if I was interested in contributing to their new blog. FloForm is very active in the social media world.  You can read their contricutions on Twitter all the time, and their Facebook page is one of the best ones I've seen.

I decided to write about one of my favourite business philosophies (which applies very nicely to the design world too); the 80/20 rule.  The full post is HERE ... it's a good thing to read as we head into the New Year.

Next up for the 2011 Useful Spaces Year in Review ... we eat!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...