Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

2011 Year in Review: The Top 3

2011 was an important year for Useful Spaces.  It marked the moment I decided to "get serious" about writing about kitchens, design ... and LEGO.  I went from 2 or 3 posts a month to a minimum of 3 posts a week.  I also decided to close down my first blog, I Could Eat and contribute my food writing efforts to Useful Spaces. And while the work level increased, so did readership.  For that I am grateful.

Since this is the last week of the year, I thought it would be fun to have a look at some of the highlights of the year, starting today with the most read posts of 2011.

#3 - Putting GE Monogram to the Test

It seems fitting that the article about my time at the GE Monogram Experience centre would be in my top 3.  Vendor sponsored trips like GE Monogram (Louisville, KY) and Brizo Faucets (New York, NY) earlier in the year are on of the nice perks of blogging.  They also provide me with content which hopefully benefits the folk providing the trip.  Win-win.  So if any potential sponsors want to discuss the benefits of social media and having a group of design focussed bloggers on your side ... let me know.

#2 - Grohe LadyLux3 - Kitchen Faucet Innovations

You all really seem to LOVE plumbing fixtures!  Any time I post about anything to do with sinks, faucets or bathtubs the hit counter goes crazy!  This article came about after having my first hands on look at Grohe's new LadyLux3 kitchen faucet.  What I like best about this article is it illustrates how manufacturers can really improve their products if they simply listen to the people who design with them and INSTALL them.

I think the fact that this post included a video featuring yours truly only slightly inhibited the hit count.


#1 - Labour Day: More Than "Just a Mechanic"

This was my tribute to the worker, in particular, my father, for Labour Day.  The people who's ability to do amazing things with their hands makes our lives possible.  I simply could not make a living without the tradespeople I'm fortunate to work with.  Without them I'd just be a guy with mad Sketchup skills.

Tradespeople have the skills to turn my ideas into the kitchens my clients enjoy.  I'm quite proud that this post garnered the attention it did; not only because it means that readers are enjoying what I write, but because it shows me that you feel the same way.  Nobody is "just" anything.  Whoever you are and whatever you do, be proud.

Next up in the Useful Spaces Year in Review ... guest posts!

1 comment:

  1. Was a blast spending time with you in Louisville(and Las Vegas) in 2011... We'll catch up in 2012 again, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...