Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Canadian Marble Eh.

Photo
I'm a very proud Canadian (Western Canadian if I'm really honest), so whenever possible I try to choose materials from Canadian sources.  I believe it's good for the economy, but I also believe it's important to embrace where you live.  Part of that is accepting both the bounty and the limitations of your home.  It's part of what makes you who you are.

Crosscut
Vein Cut

Aeon Stone & Tile in Vancouver recently sent me some information on Cafe Canal, a line of gorgeous Canadian marble (we'd say "it's a beauty, eh") that's quarried in Ontario.  This marble is available in a wide variety of tile formats as well as 2cm and 3 cm slabs for work surfaces.  Several colours are available, as well as two cut options: crosscut, or (my favourite) vein cut.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...