Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Brisket - Sharing My Inner Geek


The graph above was produced from my iGrill, a remote thermometer accessory for my iPhone.  Yes, while taking calls, scheduling jobs and playing a riveting round of Bejewelled, I can be monitoring whatever bit of deliciousness I have on the smokers.  And as you can see I can even export the graphs to share with everyone!

The brisket I'm smoking today is my contribution to the family dinner this evening.  Christmas Eve?  Yeah, it's a combination of Scandinavian tradition and finding a day amongst blended families to get everyone together.  Like the brisket, it may not be the "traditional" way Christmas is celebrated.  But over the years I've come to realize that new traditions can be added without disrespecting the old ones.  It's not about when you share the season ... the important thing is to simply share.

So as I share my inner geek with you this morning, I raise a glass of yuletide cheer to wish you and yours the very merriest of Christmases.  Now, turn off the computer and go spend time with the ones you love.  I'm going back to the brisket.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know there were accessories like that for the iphone. I could use a blood pressure monitor,a laser rangefinder, and a digital multimeter.
    I'm sure nobody will complain about your high tech approach to brisket. Mmmmm brisket.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...