Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

NIM: New Samsung Fridge with SodaStream


Do you have a SodaStream?  My brother and his wife do, and while I really like the idea of being able to have carbonated water whenever I want (I'm not much of a flavoured soda drinker) the thought of having yet another appliance on my countertop is enough of a deterrent to keeping the device out of my house.

I must not be the only one who feels this way because Samsung has just introduced a new refrigerator to their lineup that features an integrated SodaStream dispenser.

Using the same control panel they would use to select between water or ice, consumers can select up to three levels of carbonation for their sparkling water, giving them just what they are looking for to quench their thirst. The sparkling water dispenser uses a standard SodaStream 60L CO2 cylinder that rests in a small, concealed area inside the left refrigerator door, which is easily accessible to change when empty.

As of now the SodaStream option is only available in a 36" fridge.  I'm hoping it will be introduced in smaller models since this type of integration would benefit smaller kitchens.  The new fridge will be available in April 2013 ... just in time for KBIS perhaps?  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...