Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

BlogTour New Orleans 2013

 2011 was a very busy year for Useful Spaces.  In February I was in New York for Fashion week courtesy of Brizo, April was KBIS is Las Vegas, and finally in June I was the guest of GE Monogram for a few days of cooking and learning in Louisville.  Truth be told it took a lot out of me (I was laid out with pneumonia for weeks after New York) but the connections I made with other designers and the inspiration I gained still influence me today.  In return, the other bloggers and I the sponsors extensive exposure to the people who read out blogs and follow our activities on social media.

Modenus also recognizes this relationship between design bloggers and manufacturers as being a very powerful marketing & learning tool, and created BlogTour to take advantage of it.  BlogTour has taken design bloggers to New York, London, and Cologne, creating thousands of online impressions along the way.  In April 2013 BlogTour will visit New Orleans for KBIS, and I am pleased to announce that Useful Spaces has been invited to participate.

In addition to visiting KBIS, BlogTour New Orleans will also be introducing the bloggers (and our readers) to the history, design, and joie de vivre of one of the oldest and most culturally diverse cities in North America.  During the trip, I will be sharing our finds on Twitter, posting to Facebook and blogging my experiences on Useful Spaces ... in between beignets, étouffée and Sazeracs of course.


A couple related events of note:

  • We'll be hosting a TweetChat on April 8, 2013 from 4-5pm EST, which will be all about New Orleans' Design Scene, travel, prep and tips & tricks
  • Another TweetChat on April 29, 2013 from 4-5pm EST is our trends chat from NOLA
There will be other Tweetups and events during KBIS that I will post about as they are scheduled.  To participate, simply follow me on Twitter (@ArneSalvesen) and search the hashtag #BlogTourNOLA.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...