Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Secret Garage Door - The Elevator Version

Recently I was discussing the use of dumbwaiters with another kitchen designer friend of mine.  A few years back they had been featured in a couple show homes and I was wondering why they hadn't really caught on in larger homes.  My friend commented that they had in fact caught on, but for cars not for kitchens.

Source
A little internet search and I uncovered the website for American Custom Lifts and their wide range of residential and commercial lifts ... including lifts for cars.

 

And just so you don't think this has nothing to do with kitchen design, I present to you the kitchen island elevator, controlled by an iPhone no less!!


So what other are there to use elevators in the home?  I'm thinking wine cellar but would love to hear what you think in the comments section below.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Those look really awesome. I bet the shopfitting company here in Brisbane near us can do that to our house too. I also want something similar to that in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. garage door las vegasMarch 21, 2013 at 6:38 AM

    Very INFORMATIVE and just FANTASTIC! I was looking for the related information. Thanks a lot it is very useful for me. Would love to read some pieces on the topic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...