Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

BlogTourNOLA - Blanco & "Water For People"


BlogTour gave me the opportunity to learn a lot about the personal side of a lot of the suppliers I use everyday.  Last post I mentioned the NKBA's involvement with Storehouse and World Vision to help rebuild New Orleans (and I have a more detailed post on that coming soon).  Silestone is involved as well.  So it was with great pleasure that I learned today of Blanco's involvement with Water For People
Water For People brings together local entrepreneurs, civil society, governments, and communities to establish creative, collaborative solutions that allow people to build and maintain their own reliable safe water systems. Empowering everyone transforms people’s lives by improving health and economic productivity to end the cycle of poverty.
I've been a fan of Blanco for years.  Several of my projects feature Blanco sinks and faucets.  Yes, Blanco makes faucets and has for years.  In fact they are one of the leading faucet manufacturers in Europe, and have turned their eyes to North America.  Lucky us, because their faucets are beautiful.

Blanco supports “Water for People” throughout the year, and is currently hosting a fundraiser through their “Faucet Innovations” Video. Each click on the video  (up to 1000 clicks) results in a donation of $1 to “Water for People”.  Because I'm a giving kind of guy, I offer the video to you here to make it easy for you to help out.



But that's not all!  As a member of BlogTourNOLA I've been asked to participate in a small competition on Pinterest.  Simply click on the picture of my Pinterest board below, and like as many of the pictures there as you feel worthy.  Why?  Well my good friends at Modenus are holding a contest amongst BlogTour alumni and the prize is an iPad Mini.

Hey look!  I'm on Pinterest!
So here's my proposal:  Help me win.  I already have an iPad Mini.  If I win, I'm going to auction it off (eBay, on this blog, something else?) and the money I raise I will split 50-50 between Water for People and St. Paul’s Homecoming Center in New Orleans.  Deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...