Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Food Friday - Ribaliscious


It's Luau weekend in our household. For 10 years we've  been smoking meat for friends and family on the Victoria Day long weekend. For the first time in 5 years I've decided to add ribs to the menu ( due to the fact that I love ribs and my son now works at a great local butcher).


Vancouver has a large and vibrant Chinese community, and one of my favourite foods from Chinatown is char siu or BBQ pork. This marinade is my rif on char siu.


Ribs on the smoker.  We'll see you in 5 hours or so ...


UPDATE: Had to add this picture from last night.  90% finished ribs.  I'll be finishing these over charcoal on the day of the Luau ... but damn they smell/look amazing already!  Here's hoping whatever you cook this long weekend is delicious and is shared with the people you love best.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...