Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A New Job: Like "Back to School" for Grownups

A couple weeks ago I announced that I was leaving the company I had been working for for 16 years to start a new job, but decided to wait before revealing my new opportunity.  The delay was perhaps a bit dramatic, but I had a couple jobs I wanted to complete and thought it was the most respectful way to handle things.  And so, today I am pleased to reveal I will be joining the team at Inform Interiors as one of their kitchen designers.

To say I'm thrilled to be working with Inform Interiors is a bit of an understatement.  They've been in business in Vancouver for over 50 years, and their new showroom (opened in 2006) has long been one of my favourite places to walk through and soak up some design karma, or soak up the sun on their rooftop deck.  In addition to being a leader in modern home furnishings, Inform Interiors also takes their kitchen design seriously.  This is quite evident when you cross over to their original showroom at 97 Water Street and visit their kitchen design studio.

The Inform Kitchens & Bath team has been creating beautiful spaces since 2006, working together with architects, interior designers, and homeowners. Starting August 19th, 2013, I'll have some of the best products the industry has to offer at my disposal: cabinetry, countertops and hood fans from Boffi and Varenna, plumbing fixtures from Agape and KWC, Sub Zero, Wolf and Gaggenau appliances (woohoo!), and Bisazza mosaic and glass tiles.

These lines of cabinetry are new to me, so I'll be going back to school so-to-speak and learning (in metric ... yay!) about how to fit the new lines into my projects.  I'll be sharing the experience with you here as I go along, but in the meantime, here's an brief summary (from the Inform Interiors website) of the lines I'll be working with:

BOFFI
Boffi’s collections are created in cooperation with leading designers, based on a distinctive company history and philosophy. The end products are state-of-the-art and aesthetically minimal. The result is outstanding design and innovative features.
VARENNA
Known for its purity of design, Varenna Kitchens combines function and originality. Varenna has its own research and design department as well as partners with world renowned architects to produce a range of contemporary kitchens to complement the Poliform lifestyle.

AGAPE
Agape is an industry leader in Italian bathroom design. They invest significant resources to pursue the company mission of making the bath a comfortable and stimulating space.


1 comment:

  1. Gloria Graham Sollecito, AKBDOctober 9, 2013 at 7:30 AM

    I know I'm late to the party, Arne, but best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...